International Call for Artists CALL FOR BUSHWICK 2015
'The Rebirth of Wonder'
Exhibition Dates: june 5th – 7th 2015
Emerging and established artists are invited to submit installation proposals & artworks in order to participate in a 3 days group show during Bushwick Open Studios 2015 and to be part of an online catalog publication showcasing artists selected by the curatorial board.
Located in Brooklyn, In few years, Bushwick has become the District with the greatest concentration of artists in the world. Currently more than 3000 artists live and work here. 600 of them, every year open the doors of their studios for three days. Because of that, during 'Bushwick Open Studios' the neighborhood turns into an art fair visited by thousands of art lovers, including gallery owners, collectors, curators, art critics and journalists. This is why it is crucial for an artist, whether emerging or established, to be there at that time.
All media are accepted.
Judges will evaluate the artworks based on five criteria:
- Relevance and ability to conceptualize the topic: 'The Rebirth of Wonder.'
- Aesthetics, originality and creative vision.
- Artistic research, impact factor and critical background.
- Technical skills.
- Potential development in the art world.
The Selection Panel of CALL FOR BUSHWICK 2015 is composed by:
- Peter Frank, Art critic for the LA Weekly, Village Voice and SoHo Weekly News. Peter has organized exhibitions for Documenta in Kassel, the Museo Reina Sofia in Madrid, and new York's Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Maria Constanza Cerullo, chief curator at MACBA, Museum of Contemporary Art of Buenos Aires. Maria Constanza is also a Published essayist and Lecturer. Vida Sabbaghi, Founder of An Inclusive World, Guest Curator at the Queens Museum. Theodore Bajard and Victor Le Fell, co-founders of Artolease Llc.
May 5th 2015
EARLY DEADLINE: December 15th 2014. $ 35.00
REGULAR DEADLINE: March 15th 2015 $ 50.00
For more information and submissions, please visit the website and follow the guidelines at: Callforbushwick.com
If you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact:
Assistant Project Manager
Call For Bushwick